Large Seed Packet Templates
The following seed packet templates were created by Dottie and are free for non-commercial use.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them as they are in a PDF format. Most Windows based operating systems come with this software, but if you do not have it, you can download it free here.
The following templates contain four on a page. To use the templates, simply click on one of the links below and print (make sure you click on Auto-Rotate and Center for best results). If you would like to fill in the seed information before printing, you can do so by clicking on the empty space above each line and use your tab key to jump from field to field.
The following seed packets are larger (4" x 3"). There are two packets on a page for the large seed packets.
There is a space on each packet to print a name and date, where appropriate. Just left click on the screen where there is a blank space and start typing. Once you have filled in the information on the first seed packet, the other packet will automatically be populated with the same info. For best printing results, select "none" next to page scaling. If the page does not print properly, try selecting "fit to paper". This may shrink the packets slightly, but they will still be a nice size.
There are no seed sowing instructions printed on the following packets. There are separate cards below that can be cut out and slipped inside the seed packet, that will contain sowing instructions.
And if you haven't already, don't forget to check out our 4-per-page templates here.
Not sure how to save your own seeds? Check out my seed savings tips here.
Large Seed Packet Categories
Seed Information Cards
To use, simply print them using no scaling and cut out using a paper cutter so that you get a straight edge around each border. These are designed so that you only need to fill in the first card and the rest of the card will populate on it's own. They may take a minute to load.
Suggestions and Tips for Professional Looking Seed Packets
- Permanent double-sided tape works best to seal the edges. Use a repositionable double-sided tape for the top flap.
- Burnish edges for crisp clean folds (a popsicle stick works well for this if you don't have a burnisher).
- Try printing on embossed papers or other craft papers for a different look.
- Print in black/white or gray scale for a unique look.
- Embellish your packets with ribbons, stickers, or other items found in the scrap booking section of your favorite store.
- Use any of our blank seed packets and rub-on transfers to create your own unique seed packet.
- Use any of our blank packets and glue on a picture of the recipient for an extra special gift.
- When giving seeds as gifts, use easy to germinate seeds such as a wildflower mix, marigolds, daisies, cosmos, or zinnias.